Here's Some Interesting Paleo diet facts
The paleo diet commonly referred to as the caveman diet is a diet which mimics the eating behavior of ancient man. Instead of processed and sugary foods, the paleo diet focuses on proteins and nuts. By cutting down on wheat and grains, and focusing instead on meats and fish, you will be changing your diet to resemble exactly what was eaten by our ancestors over ten thousand years ago. It is argued that without all of the processed food, your body will feel healthier and will perform better. Here are some paleo diet facts.
- The Paleo diet mimics the diet followed by hunter-gatherer societies, that’s why it’s known as the caveman diet.
- The argument is that the human body is designed to consume many of the foods that we eat.
- Lactose intolerance and gluten intolerance are seen as proof that the human body rejects foods which were only recently introduced to our diets.
- The Paleolithic diet consists of seafood, lean meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and, seeds.
- The diet does not allow for the consumption of added sugars or salts, dairy, grains, and processed foods.
- You can’t drink coffee or alcohol.
Pros and cons of paleo diets
The paleo diets have various benefits and disadvantages. You can review the pros and cons of paleo diets to see if you would like to try it out.
- Your diet will be 100% free of additives, preservatives, and chemicals.
- eating large amounts of fruits and vegetables is high in nutrients and provides anti-inflammatory benefits.
- More red meat means more iron.
- Eating large amounts of protein improves the feeling of fullness, you won’t be as hungry between meals.
- Weight loss is common.
- Eating just meat and vegetables can get very expensive very quickly.
- Without any grains or carbohydrates, you might feel low on energy.
- Impractical if not impossible for vegetarians.
As a whole, a paleo diet means switching to a dietary plan in accordance with what was available to our ancestors. By switching to the diet of early man, we will be removing the impure substances from our diets. Without sugar, dairy, and grains, the human body will be able to perform to a higher degree. Modern processed foods cannot be properly digested by the system and have a negative effect on your health. It is important that you analyze the paleo diet facts and see if the diet would suit you.